Friday, February 05, 2010

HIGHS AND LOWS

Ever have a day full of highs and lows?  It's really interesting, to say the least.

I have gotten this "totally wild" idea that I want to move into a house. Why? I can't for the life of me know, but there it is.  Yesterday, Julie and I went looking again.  We found a lovely house, in my price range, on the water, that needed some repairs.  I'm not really into that right now, so we went back to one we had already looked at.  I really liked it when I first saw it.  It was one of four that we were to look at, but 2 were "short sales" which is a challenge and don't want to do (or so I'm told.)  One was not available as it already had a contract pending and the last one, the one I liked, was still available.

We went back to the house, and wouldn't you know, the bank that owns the house, was adding all new appliances.  They had the yard mowed and cleaned of old leaves and branches; had added new carpeting and paint, and it looked even better than when we first saw it.  No additional price.  I was overwhelmed and excited.  Julie, who is a realtor, called the bank to see how we could make an offer.  It was amazing.

At the same time, we had taken Wiener, (seemed like a good idea at the time) she had pooped in the yard and when she sat down on my lap, proceeded to wipe her butt on my jeans.  Of course, it was green and smelly.  Needless to say, I had to go home and change before we could finish some errands we were going to do while out.

We're off again.  Found everything I needed; did everything I was to do; went home. Vicki can't come on Thurs to help me pack, so we rescheduled that for Monday; scheduled a trip to Pasco for Tuesday; called for a carpet cleaning for Tuesday, as they are bringing new furniture on Thursday and the carpet needs 2 days to dry; called about Ween's grooming on Wed. Sometime this week-end, I have to get rid of 2 couches, a bookcase, a chest of drawers, a coffee table and a TV in order to place the new furniture. (Bob's Valentines Day Present to me)  I know it's confusing but try to keep up.  I'm confused and I live here.

And, so my life goes.  It's a good thing I resigned.  I'm much too busy to work.

No comments: