Sunday, February 07, 2010

Addendum to Highs and Lows

Anyone read the book or see the movie - Catch 22?  The basic principle was there were only two choices and neither one would work. I happen to "march" into Catch 22 many times.  This is one of them.  When I was working, I qualified to buy the house.  Now that I am not working, I do not qualify to get the house. Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted.

I'm not upset, just a little disappointed.  It seemed everything was falling into place.  I know God is in control.  I just wonder what He is thinking some times.  Not that I have to know, or that I would even understand; it would just be nice.

I use to say, "Wait until I die.  I have a million questions for God."  Now, I've come to the conclusion, neither the questions nor the answers will matter in Heaven, so I guess I can throw away my list.  Life is really too short to be bogged down in unimportant matters.  If I want to be great in God's eyes, then I have to Think Great Thoughts, Dream Great Dreams, and Do Great Things for Him.  And, that is my goal.  (That should keep me busy for a while.)

No comments: