Friday, February 19, 2010

STINKER OR THINKER

What is the difference between talking WITH God or praying TO God?  Is there a difference between thinking GREAT thoughts or thinking BIG thoughts about GOD?  Dreaming GREAT dreams or dreaming BIG dreams for God?  Doing GREAT things or doing BIG things for God?  Do we achieve the same results in doing either?  Are the words interchangeable?  And, will God be pleased with either?

Do I have to have the answers when I come up with these enormous theological questions? Maybe not. Joyce Meyer JUST NOW said on the tv, "It's enough just to be at peace.  We don't have to think a lot or do a lot of things to get answers.  Common sense is a gift from God.  Frustration and confusion are not from God.  Just DO the word!"  Wow.  Talk about timing.

FORM A HABIT:
1.  of studying the Word
2.  of talking to God about everything
3.  of being led by peace (Shalom)
4.  of saying NO to ourselves and YES to God

Every time God shows up with the answer to my questions, in REAL TIME as they say, I am amazed.  I don't know why.  "A relative close to me" has always said that my theme song should be "I Need Thee Every Hour."  It has been a joke in the family for years.  I think he might be right.  That is MY song.  I must remember that and live it like I believe it.

P.S.  Something that just came to me while I was conversing with God this morning - I'M ALREADY GREAT IN GOD'S EYES. " I am the apple of His eye."  "He has written my name on His right hand."  Wow!  I can't believe I had forgotten those scriptures.  Thanks for reminding me Father.

No comments: