Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mayo Visit

Every new experience is an adventure for me.  Visiting THE Mayo Clinic was just that.  The government could take lessons in organization.  My five appointments went like "clockwork."  I went from place to place without any problems of scheduling or wasted time.


I liked the doctor I was assigned - Dr P.  Very professional, friendly, asked great questions and, actually seemed to hear what I was saying.  His evaluation of my symptoms generate the additional testing they will do.  I was actually scheduled to have additional testing this week, but I decided I was not prepared to stay so they rescheduled and I will be going back on May 17 for a week of testing.  


They do not have facilities for you to stay AT the clinic.  You must book a room in a nearby hotel, stay there over night and return the next day for the testing.  I decided I needed some time to make arrangements so we rescheduled and came home.


He found some neuropathy in my lower extremities.  That is part of the problem with my feet staying so cold.  He's not sure what is causing it, so he is testing to see what is found.  No one has ever mentioned that aspect of testing.  He also wants to do a "Psych Eval." (For those who know me, that has been a long time coming.  I have always been told I was crazy).  Sorry, they will be testing my memory.  And, when the results come back "normal"  I will have PROOF.  So there!


I certainly felt a lot better after talking with him.  I think I've come to the right place and we will FINALLY find out what is wrong with me, PHYSICALLY at least.  

No comments: