Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MOCK'S ADVICE

In the words of the esteemed Mr. Charles Mock, "The larger the screwup; the bigger the present."  If that is true, evidentially, Bob thought he was in deep Cau Cau.  He gave me all new living room furniture for Valentines.  (Maybe also Anniversary, Birthday and probably St Swizzle's Day.)
(Delivery day at Apt; beautiful FL weather)


Two weeks ago, He said "Let's go to lunch."  Seemingly harmless.  We usually eat lunch or dinner together, so I said "Okay."  Instead of going to a restaurant, he pulled into the parking lot of a local "Rooms To Go."  When I asked why we were here, he just said, "Oh; to look around."


After about 15 minutes of looking, he asked if I saw anything I liked.  I had already "eyed" a nearby set and said, "As a matter of fact, I did."  He called a saleslady over and asked, "If we were to purchase this furniture, does the 50" tv still go with it?"  


It's hard to keep me from talking, but believe it or not, I just stood there with my mouth open saying "What?"  Bob asked when I wanted it delivered and I calculated it would take several days to get the apt ready, so I said "Next Thursday." 


I honestly started to protest, but the last time I did, he accused me of being ungrateful.  I didn't want him to think I was rejecting his gift. (Also in Pastor's sermon last Sunday)  I had to get rid of all the furniture in the living room (required 3 different people to do a pick up or drop off); schedule a carpet cleaning, rearrange the bedroom furniture (also getting rid of some of it), schedule a tv delivery, and a Bright House person to attach the new box and set up tv in the midst of trying to buy supplemental insurance, looking at houses to buy, schedule testing at Mayo Clinic, picking up documents from my 8 doctors, and trying to meet with some friends from NY who were at WDW.  (pics later)


Thanks to friends, family, delivery schedulers, and anyone else I could beg, it all happened.  Vicki was especially helpful.  Have you seen the "Glad bag piano movers?"  That was Vicki and me moving the stuff and boxes that had to be moved.  Nothing ended up in a Glad bag, but it was touch and go for a while; especially trying to move the chair up a staircase of "a relative close to me."
Wiener has already chosen several spots. We're all surprised; after all, she lets us live here out of the goodness of her heart.  It must have something to do with her not being able to open the food or not having thumbs. I'm not sure.


I think this is the first time I have ever had a whole room of new furniture at one time.  It looks grey, but it is really a light chocolate color and I'm using green and red accents.  I have a "throw" that the girls gave me for Christmas one year and I have always liked the colors. (The HGTV shows are finally paying off.)


For whatever reason, Bob decided to give me the furniture and I really like it.  I guess now I have to be nice to him.  Mock was right - either Bob really thought he stepped in it or is going to, or could it be?  He really likes me and wants me to be happy? For whatever reason, we have all new furniture in the living room.


Who is Mock?  He's a man of deep thinking and ideas; very sensitive, and I use to work with him.  Maybe it's a "Magical Moment."  (Inside joke.)

No comments: