Friday, February 26, 2010

Documentation

Sarcoidosis is a disease characterized by the development and growth of tiny clumps of inflammatory cells in different areas of your body. Sarcoidosis can affect virtually any organ, but most commonly it affects your lungs, lymph nodes, eyes and skin. (Per Mayo Clinic)

Approximately 10 years ago, I was given the diagnosis of Sarcoidosis.  The only reason I mention it now is because I wanted a documentation of an episode I had today.  If you are reading this, it is not necessary to contact me.  This is just informational.


Today, while I was shopping at Publix, in my right eye I had a "stripe" of white that appeared.  It looked like someone had swiped a paint brush across my glasses.  (I wasn't wearing my glasses at the time.)  I broke out in a cold sweat and the store started swirling around.  Fainting is not something I have ever done, but I had no doubt I was about to do so.  I grabbed the cart and stood up straight. It's amazing what you HAVE TO DO, when you need to do it. Checking out of the store and going home at that time was something God helped me to do.


When I got home, I had lost so much water from sweating, all my clothes were drenched.  I asked Bob to put away the groceries and went into the bedroom to lay down.  Wiener automatically followed me.  She begged to get on the bed, crawled onto my stomach and began to lick my face rapidly.  She stopped.  Put her head on my face, took it off and began to lick my face again.  (I think she was trying to stop the sweating.)  When I stopped sweating, she stopped.


After about 15 minutes, I was able to return to the kitchen.  Fortunately, I had gotten some orange juice and quickly drank a glass.  I was thinking about dehydration or at least loss of potassium.  The juice helped me feel better, at least mentally.
[Kind of ironic that I comically talked today in an earlier blog about symptoms that I just had.  Who knew?]

No comments: